10 ideas to experiencing Iceland
Smyril Line has a regular year-round sailing schedule to Iceland. We offer ferry crossing, package holidays, excursions, and the North Atlantic Cruise to Iceland and the Faroe Islands.
Our selection of self-drive programmes and route descriptions is broad and varied. We are confident that we have the inspiration and insight you need to tailor your dream journey to Iceland.
MS Norröna anchors in Seyðisfjörður in East Iceland, Austurland in Icelandic, where the population density is low and nature is rich in wonders. Here you can visit cosy little villages, dramatic coastlines, narrow fjords, endless waterfalls and fascinating mountain areas.
Are you looking for an authentic nature experience in Iceland?
But perhaps you hesitate because of the growing tourist numbers, particularly around Reykjavík (The Golden Circle). Rest assured, that we are experts in identifying areas in Iceland that are not overrun by tourists. We have a wealth of ideas for authentic Icelandic nature experience in places where hospitable locals would be proud to show you their country.
5 advantages of sailing with MS Norröna to Iceland
- Our travel consultants are experts in Iceland and Smyril Line has been selling trips to Iceland for 37 years. We can therefore offer quality holidays at advantageous prices, as well as tailored guidance based on our unique expertise.
- When you travel with us you can take your own car and practically unlimited luggage.
- On board Norröna you will have time to relax, reflect and enjoy culinary adventures.
- We sail by the Faroe Islands giving you the opportunity to experience the unspoilt archipelago too, either on your way to or from Iceland.
- You will arrive in East Iceland, which is synonymous with authentic nature experiences.